Friday, June 19

Made up Songs

Since having Lucy I have discovered how everything we do now has a song. I don't sing very well, but Lucy doesn't seem to care and loves it. Here are some of her favorites that I have made up...

Hungry hungry hippo walking through the forest,
Hungry hungry hippo looking for something to eat.
(isn't there a Little Bunny Foo-Foo song? I realized that is the tune for this after I created this song out of desperation from Lucy crying for food)

This is the way we clean your tummy, arms, legs, feet etc. (used at bathtime in tune of "wheels on the bus")

Monkeys like... bananas, Papi likes... bananas, Lucy likes... bananas, Mami (doesn't) like bananas. (Obviously used first time we introduced bananas to Lucy. Also a real song just modified lyrics.)

Other favorites include:
  • Old McDonald (I think I sing every animal sound imaginable to get her to stop crying when getting dressed after a bath. Old McDonald also has been known to have a baby...wahh waahh here and wahh waahh there...)
  • This Little Piggy (Lucy's piggies do other things besides eat roast beef and go to the market...they get to go to the movies, the library, the zoo, and they even buy shoes! sometimes depending on what Mami remembers to sing.)
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider (only song sung with original lyrics!)
  • I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas (with this song I got my first spontaneous giggles out of Lucy as she thought this was a funny song. She had previously laughed with me, but this was the first time SHE thought something was funny on her own.)

Fernando has a whole other list of songs he relies on. Lucy gets to hear all of his songs in Spanish. Not sure if I mentioned this but Fernando is only speaking in Spanish to Lucy and I pretty much only speak in English (with a few Spanish phrases).

I must say even though singing all the time can get a bit old, if Lucy loves it then we shall continue. One day she will sing along...I cannot wait!

No comments: